Spring is creeping up on us now and we all know what that means – Spring Cleaning! Whether those words bring you joy or dread, our outdoor spring cleaning ideas for your home will make your cleaning experience straightforward and manageable (not to mention you’ll have a beautiful product in the end!)
Areas of the Home to Spring Clean:
- **Front door - ** Nobody wants to approach a dirty front door. To clean it easily, first vacuum it up and down and all around the edges with the nozzle attachment to remove loose dirt and cobwebs. Then, mix equal parts vinegar and water to spray down the door. Next, wipe down the door using a wet sponge.
- **Siding - ** Wash your vinyl siding with a 70% water / 30% white vinegar solution using a soft bristle brush or soft cloth. Be sure to thoroughly rinse the cleaning solution as you go to prevent streaking.
- **Windows - ** It’s important to wash both the inside and outside of your windows. Don’t forget about the screens too! Take them off and hose them off and wipe down any gunk that’s been caked on.
- **Garage door - ** Fill a bucket with warm soapy water (dish soap works great!) and wash down your garage door just like you would your car – with rags or car washing sponges, rinsing before and after the wash.
- **Driveway - ** A good power wash will do your driveway good this spring. However, if there are stains on your driveway you have a few options for removing them. One solution is to apply a large amount Dawn dish soap onto the oil stain. Then use a large bristle brush to scrub the spot until you start seeing the oil pulling out of the concrete. Rinse off with a hose and repeat if needed.
- **Porch - ** Use a duster or broom to clear out cobwebs all around the rafters and beams of your porch. If the paint on your railings is starting to chip, plan to repaint them this spring. Be sure to remove all the flaking pieces before you paint over them.
- **Patio - ** Use a duster or broom to clear out cobwebs all around the rafters and beams of your porch. If you left any furniture outside this winter, use a vacuum to get any big debris that has accumulated. To clean off the rest, put warm water in a spray bottle then add a squirt of dish soap (be sure to add the soap after to avoid lots of suds) and gently shake and squirt the bottle to get the soap mixed in. Spray your patio furniture and follow it up with a damp rag.
Just a little bit of outdoor spring cleaning can make a huge difference in the health of your home (and its curb appeal). If you realize that just cleaning isn’t going to give your home the look you desire, contact Geisler Roofingfor some new exterior siding!